What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14.5mm Artillery Training Round

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Got this 14.5mm Artillery Training Projectetile today from forum member Rrickoshae.Thank you for this,this afternoon i cut the projectile to show the internal workings
Anyway The 14.5mm is as its name says a training round for Artillery it is of German deign and the UK designation is the Round 14.5mm Artillery Training L2A1
The projectile on impact gives gives an audible report and a puff of smoke that can be seen upto 1km away and in the dark the flash can be seen for much further
These are used for realistic but economical training
Although the rounds for this weapon fall within the Small Arms Ammunition
(SAA) size, the weapon itself resembles a field piece. The barrel may be trunnion mounted on an adjustable head to a tripod using its own elevation quadrant and dial sight (see attatched image below).
Alternatively, adapters are available to enable the barrel to be mounted on the Light Gun or FH 70. In these cases the gun laying equipment of the parent weapon is used. The bolt is similar in design to that of a single shot bolt action rifle.
Note this info is from a 2004 dated document and may be now out of date

thank you for looking spotter

Attachments

• 14.5DSC00063.jpg
    14.5DSC00063.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 14.5DSC00059.jpg
    14.5DSC00059.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 154
  • 145 trainer - Copy.jpg
    145 trainer - Copy.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 14.5mm trainer.jpg
    14.5mm trainer.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Hi Spotter,

They are used on my range. How many do you want ...

Hobbit

Well thanks to a fellow site member i got the cartridge for this round,Theres a couple of very small pieces missing from the bottom of the projectile,if i dont find these over the next few months ill replicate them ,but im pleased with the result so far

Attachments

• DSC00207.jpg
    DSC00207.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00208.jpg
    DSC00208.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC00209.jpg
    DSC00209.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 50