What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15.2 whopper! Shipped from Beltring.

waffenamt

Captured Russian ammo used by the germans is hopefully the right description here? Im sure you chaps will help me out on this? :)

I couldnt resist this one that came out of a collection. Lots of nice stencilling and the packing crate is just lovely!!
Its a bit of a beast to manhandle on my own so i shall get my trusty assistant at work to give me a lift up to the room with it.

enjoy!

best

waff

Attachments

• S7006425.jpg
    S7006425.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 118
  • S7006426.jpg
    S7006426.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 96
  • S7006427.jpg
    S7006427.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 85
  • S7006428.jpg
    S7006428.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 83
  • S7006429.jpg
    S7006429.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 88
  • S7006430.jpg
    S7006430.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 80
  • S7006431.jpg
    S7006431.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Nice one Waff, heavy very heavy, how is your arm doing, i am sorry if i have giving you a blue shoulder. Ben

Nice one Waff, heavy very heavy, how is your arm doing, i am sorry if i have giving you a blue shoulder. Ben

:bigsmile: Cheers Ben,the arms fine but that weird thing you did by grinding my knuckles in your giant bears-paw still makes me wince!

best

waff

Last edited:
Funny you mention that Dave,as ive been expressing a little concern of late...

best

waff

I used to have my collection upstairs, I'm not joking, some cracks did appear in the ceiling downstairs so it all got moved down there quicksmart before anything happened! I'd be careful if I were you.
Dave.

I used to have my collection upstairs, I'm not joking, some cracks did appear in the ceiling downstairs so it all got moved down there quicksmart before anything happened! I'd be careful if I were you.
Dave.

*looks at ceiling concerned*:s: .. yeah,i shall review the situation.

cheers Dave.

waff

Last edited:
hmm

:tinysmile_hmm_t: I'm in the same situation, When i got my first war 6in HE shell. I'm planning on putting up some heavy duty shelving to take most weight off the floor joists,

Nice shell that waff!

Ben

Nice one Waff. It sure looks like a real minter.
Are you going to keep it in the crate or display it out of the crate?

At that time at the gym will come in handy with moving this one around.

What is the name of the gun for this projectile?

Regards
PC

Nice one Waff. It sure looks like a real minter.
Are you going to keep it in the crate or display it out of the crate?

At that time at the gym will come in handy with moving this one around.

What is the name of the gun for this projectile?

Regards
PC

The name of this gun is , 152 mm , Howitzer gun, M 37 (ML20)
or 15,2 cm KH 433/1 (r)

Thanks lads :)
I just got back in from one task,now i gotto go again!

The round will be staying in the case(for now) plus i am going to put more shelves on the solid wall in the room.They will be at low level for the other rounds to stand on.

cheers

waff

Thank you for the info.

Did it have a shell case and has anyone got a picture please?

PC

Ey up SG,
I was in the frame of mind it was a caseless round? Looks like im on the hunt for a case if im wrong then!:tinysmile_cry_t3:

best

waff

Thank you again blackwatch for the info.

That's it confirmed Waff. Time to start hunting.
On the up side at least it's not as big as the projectile.