What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

15.2 whopper! Shipped from Beltring.

It definately has a case. It's 15.2x30.5cm. I sold a complete 15.2cm M1938 (sFH443r)round last year, German manufactured projectile and captured Soviet case. Pretty sure the buyer is a BOCN member. His stage name is Lassen, top bloke and I'm sure he will post some images. Are you out there David ?

It definately has a case. It's 15.2x30.5cm. I sold a complete 15.2cm M1938 (sFH443r)round last year, German manufactured projectile and captured Soviet case. Pretty sure the buyer is a BOCN member. His stage name is Lassen, top bloke and I'm sure he will post some images. Are you out there David ?

Great bit of kit Waff,

i was there with Tom at the show, looking at the beastie with you, very impressed.
I thought that the Germans made shells to 155mm and the Russians 152 mm so am suprised to hear that the Germans were manufacturing opponents munitions when they really didnt need to if they were capturing so much. Also, didnt realise that the Germans had 152 mm guns!!

Andy

Last edited:
Best shell !

I saw your 15.2cm Shell in the crate Waff and was most impressed with its condition, a real keeper if ever there was.
Glad you got it home in one piece and hope you have now recovered from your week at Beltring supping goodness only knows what from the "other tent" down the end of the row.
Looking forward to seeing some detailed pictures of "her" with her clothes removed:cool:

Nice one lads for the extra information :) So i now have to find a case for the old girl eh!
Chris,as soon as i decide where to store the beasty then i will take a few pics of it undressed. :p

best

waff

Huge amounts of Ordnance and ammunition fell into German hands during the encirclement battles of 1941/42. Eventually the captured ammunition stocks were used and so German manufacture began. Much ordnance was re-chambered for German ammunition sizes but most remained in the original Soviet calibres. 15.2cm was a Soviet calibre.

Hi Waff this is my 152 with Russian case ,i saw another projectile for sale later in the day at a book stall? in its crate and at a reasonable price but managed to talk myself out of buying it !.The last pick is the pair of 15cms on the WW1 cases ,i think there 1916/17 Magdeburg marked that we talked about ,regards Dave
PS just got a new camera ,so if the pics are too big i will have another try later

Attachments

• DSCF0209.JPG
    DSCF0209.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0210.JPG
    DSCF0210.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF0211.jpg
    DSCF0211.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF0214.JPG
    DSCF0214.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 36
Hi Waff this is my 152 with Russian case ,i saw another projectile for sale later in the day at a book stall? in its crate and at a reasonable price but managed to talk myself out of buying it !.The last pick is the pair of 15cms on the WW1 cases ,i think there 1916/17 Magdeburg marked that we talked about ,regards Dave
PS just got a new camera ,so if the pics are too big i will have another try later

Excellent pics Dave,thanks for posting them. Sweet collection going on there and its nice to see the whopper with a case. :)

best

waff