What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

155mm Jap Case

tigbrand

Premium Member
Hi chaps posted for info on projectiles for this before,had no luck. Here are pics of the case. I was informed its a 155mm Jap ww2 Mountain gun case. Any info to add to this appreciated,Tony.Ps 155mm x 318 x 170 R.

GetAttachmenta.jpg

I dont know much about jap ordnance I have a few bits of info on the weapons that fired the shells and only have a rough picture of a 75mm jap mountain gun projectile and case, 155mm seems a huge caliber for dragging through the mountains glad it wasnt me.
Daz

Hi Daz, It was called a mountain gun because it could be broken down into a few parts for transport,pretty well the same as a pack howitzer,65mm m-gun,used by italy,or the skoda 75mm mountain gun m1915,are good examples,have any members got any pics of a 75mm skoda he or shrapnell projectile? Cheers.

Hi Tony
Here is a page from a manual on the German 7.5cm Geb K15 Skoda mountain gun & a photo of a round
Harry
Scannen0046.jpg