What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16-inch for a bookcase shelf

EODGUY

OK, not all of us have the means to acquire a 16-inch projectile. Even if we have the means, most do not have the ability to move it or display it. Kudos to those that do though. Thought I would show my pocket sized version acquired from Crane Naval Depot years ago. A perfect scaled down vesion marked 16"/50 HE-CVT with a 1/84 date. It is next to a 20x103mm M246 for a size comparison. Actually had a chance sometime ago to acquire a full sized version, but had to pass on it.

Attachments

• 16-inch.jpg
    16-inch.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 99
Very nice! So is it made of metal, or is it made of some other material?

The 16-inch model is made of metal. Not sure of the type because I don't want to scrape off any paint. Seems to be too heavy to be aluminum, but too light to be steel. Thought I would add a couple of other miniatures I have also. The obvious one is a 3-inch WWI era shrapnel projectile with a Model 1907 fuze. The other I have not researched, but it appears to be a wind tunnel test item for a US Navy projectile. I say that because of the threaded area at the nose where a fuze cover would attach. That is usually found on Navy projectiles and I doubt seriously that it is a model of a non-US projectile. Someday I will do some research on it, but right now it isn't going any place.

Attachments

• Miniatures.jpg
    Miniatures.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 25