What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1917 Mills 36's

Millsman

Premium Member
I've been doing some research work and recording of early rifle grenades and I took some photos today of some of my early 36's. These from September and October 1917.

For enjoyment only!

John

DSCN1587.jpgDSCN1580.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN1585.jpg
    DSCN1585.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Yes it's worth comparing with the James Gibbon next to it which is quite rounded by comparison.

John

Very nice, I have a FICO (Falkirk Iron Co) example, exactly the same, was my 1st ever Mills when I was 15, I swapped it for a stereo amplifier! I'm 47 now, and this in the only one I've seen the same in all that time. It's also the thing I've had the longest, closely followed by a nearly mint BSA 3rd Batch Lincoln Jeffries of 1906 but that's for another forum.

The FIC is one of my favourites too. About 8 years ago I went to the Amiens Militaria show and there it was, all matching original parts and in great condition. The seller told me it was found near Ypres so being in wet clay was untouched by rusting. It was a near unbelievable €35. Oh for more like that!

John

I've just noticed that the F I Co 36 has a bit of a lump on the left side (in the photos) which was not ground off in manufacture.

John