What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1935 German Bomb Document - Anyone recognise the logo?

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
I posted some pictures of this in another thread to aid a member......I thought I would also start a new thread to see if anyone can identify the logo that appears on the cover and throughout the document.

Can anyone help identify the manufacturer? I believe this to be a sales brochure it is dated 1935. It has some wonderful line drawings of the various sized bombs listed on the front cover.

regards Kev

HPIM6711.jpg HPIM6705.jpg HPIM6710.jpg HPIM6706.jpg

All i can tell you is that ive seen the logo far right on other type docu's for sale in the past.

best

waff

because I was personally interested what "R D L I" means I did some research and can happily tell you that I found it out. RDLI is the abbreviation for "Reichsverband der deutschen Luftfahrt Industrie" (National Association of German Aviation Industry). The word "Vertrieb" means sales so it is some type of commercial document which I think was presented at aviation / military fairs of that time.

http://www.buchfreund.de/covers/12895/72312.jpg

because I was personally interested what "R D L I" means I did some research and can happily tell you that I found it out. RDLI is the abbreviation for "Reichsverband der deutschen Luftfahrt Industrie" (National Association of German Aviation Industry). The word "Vertrieb" means sales so it is some type of commercial document which I think was presented at aviation / military fairs of that time.

Thankyou Alpini !!!

You have answered my question, and a photograph too excellent!!!!

kind regards Kev

thanks also to waff for your observation, found on other documents - so it would appear to be an official logo rather than specific manufacturer. Appreciated.

I just found this on the internet and may be what the document I have relates to........
"...............
On August 28, 1935, the RDLI was integrated into the “Hauptgruppe II der Deutschen Wirtschaft” as an autonomous business group. Keeping up tradition, the business group’s office continued to operate under the name of Reichsverband der Deutschen Luftfahrt-Industrie. Rear Admiral (Ret.) Rudolf Lahs remained president and head of the business group. With particular focus on export, the RDLI organized German pavilions and participation of German companies in aviation exhibitions abroad until the end of 1938. No ILA was held in Germany during the period of the Third Reich. ........."

extracted from this link ........ http://www.ila-berlin.de/ila2010/presse/vita_bdli_e.cfm

regards Kev