What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1pdrs on SA.

christhurston

Premium Member
Hello All,
I must express my heartfelt thanks to Waff for entering a nice new
selection of 1pdrs on SA. I have so far received 36 "Auction Not Won,
Reserve Not Met" emails from SA relating to a Sockelflak round that's been
on site forever,and which I foolishly bid on back in June.I'll be getting email
#37 in the morning,and all attempts to stop this have failed miserably.I could,of course,just delete these,although I haven't done so as yet.
The seller concerned will neither sell nor withdraw this particular item it seems,I may well have to change my email address to put an end to this!!!

Grenade UK

A friend of mine bought a #131 fuse on a wood base from the above (NOT WAFF) on ebay - he has never received it.

But he did get some story about being in the click all weekend ----- and would post it the following week --- no action no responces---

This has nothing to do with WAFF -----

Last edited:
A friend of mine bought a #131 fuse on a wood base from him on ebay - he has never received it.

But he did get some story about being in the click all weekend ----- and would post it the following week --- no action no responces---

Careful G,
It makes it sound like i never sent the fuze!! :tinysmile_eyebrow_t.
Ive never sold one?

best

Waff

sa

About a year ago I got liquored up and foolishly bid way too much on a grenade on SA and fortunately the reserve was not met. Well finally yesterday after a year of getting SA notices that item was not won yada yada yada, I got outbid by someone who actually doubled my original bid, which is way way more than said item is worth, and i'll be damned the reserve is still not met. Well at least the worthless emails are to stop and the new high bidder has taken the baton from me and he shall now the recipient of worthless email....Dano

Hello All,
I must express my heartfelt thanks to Waff for entering a nice new
selection of 1pdrs on SA. I have so far received 36 "Auction Not Won,
Reserve Not Met" emails from SA relating to a Sockelflak round that's been
on site forever,and which I foolishly bid on back in June.I'll be getting email
#37 in the morning,and all attempts to stop this have failed miserably.I could,of course,just delete these,although I haven't done so as yet.
The seller concerned will neither sell nor withdraw this particular item it seems,I may well have to change my email address to put an end to this!!!

Thank you very much Chris. :)
They do belong to a pal so i cannot dictate on prices im afraid.
However,ive had all the rounds in my mitts and they are very nice indeed.A few of them have started to shift plus a member here has bought some of the mortars.

best

waff

Last edited:
Ah,now i can answer that one my friend.
We used to have such a section but it turns out that the site can be sued im afraid even if the dodgy seller is an arschlott.
I would love to see such a section but alas,i dont think it could happen unless the brass in charge here think otherewise?

best

waff

Ah,now i can answer that one my friend.
We used to have such a section but it turns out that the site can be sued im afraid even if the dodgy seller is an arschlott.
I would love to see such a section but alas,i dont think it could happen unless the brass in charge here think otherewise?

best

waff
Hi Waff n Rick,

Gunboards forums have both a positive and a negative f/b section and they dont give a toss who says what in particular if you have been shafted. Its based in the US where you would have though there would be a lot more litigation going on but they just dont care. The forum has been going on a while and theres reams of bad sellers being posted which is good i think.

Andy

as you say waff we had a dealer reviews section and legal action was almost taken against members and the site for comments made,after lots of discussion by myself and bolo with the dealers concerned this was averted ..
due to this in the interest of bocn and its members a new dealer feedback section will not be created,
if buying from SA or other sites its best to always read carefully what feedback etc has been left by others

Hello All, The answer to the junk emails from SA may now be just a PM away,I'm hoping so anyhow.I guess I shouldn't say that I'm glad to see I'm
not the only member who's had the same problem,it is a pain in the harris!!

Nothing wrong with your pals prices,Waff,but as usual when something good turns up,I've already blown this weeks ammo funds,and next weeks are spoken for as well.I'll have to settle for whatever's left in a week or two!!!

I do feel that dealer reviews are most beneficial,they discourage the badboys from commiting their dastardly deeds in the first place.Those dealers that are simply asking far too much for their stuff are useful as well,if your next goodie is half what they're asking for it,or quite often
less than that,you know it's a good buy.