What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 complete 8,8 cm L3.6 mit doppl Z S/26 L/45 WW1

thekees

Found these two 8,8 L/45 patrone with Kpz, Doppl Z /26. Both cartridges are complete stamped with Kr mark and dated 1917. It's a long time ago that i seen these in this state. The cartridge cases are stamped, both with X-1917. Even the tar like sealing of the case/projectile is there.

Kees8,8ww1 001.JPG

Attachments

• 88ww1 001.jpg
    88ww1 001.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Thanks Kev. Yes, I rarely have seen them in a collection, and up to now never found one on a fair or trade, and now a original pair of 2. Since i collect both German Navy and FLAK, this a good hit.

Congratulations! Beautiful condition and rare birds :tinysmile_twink_t: ... and as a sidenote, what's the brass behemoth lurking in the backround? :wink:

Manlicher,

the big brass is an 30,5 cm L/45 case. This is a rare one, made in 1926 by Polte for the German Navy.

Thanks thekees. Maybe you could put a picture with the whole shell, with the 88's for size. :tinysmile_classes_t

oh, great with correct Flak fuze - would it be possible to post some photos of the fuze? Especially a view of the base of the fuze would be very nice.