What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" mortar thread type??

tigbrand

Premium Member
Can anybody tell me the correct threadform on the 2" mortar body where the tail screws on, pitch and Tpi etc. Postwar datecd item,cheers Tig.

1/2 Whitworth thread form I think

Can anybody tell me the correct threadform on the 2" mortar body where the tail screws on, pitch and Tpi etc. Postwar datecd item,cheers Tig.

For some reason Tig I seem to remember it being 1/2" Whitworth standard thread/pitch !
Better get someone to confirm that !
I do not think the threads were ever changed as pre war were also the same thread.not 100% as I have no samples to measure any more.
Good Luck

Thread.

Cheers Chris,thought it might be,need to get to yeovil carboot to search the tool stalls,whitworth and unc,unf taps and dies are quite pricey these days! Cheers mate,Tig.

Try these people !

Cheers Chris,thought it might be,need to get to yeovil carboot to search the tool stalls,whitworth and unc,unf taps and dies are quite pricey these days! Cheers mate,Tig.

Tig you might like to try these people as they are very very cheap on some items especially "old kit" and their service is superb!

TRACY TOOLS Ltd
at-

http://www.tracytools.com/index.htm

Do not be put off by the website as it has only a few things on it-but they have loads of other stuff if you contact them.
Highly recommended;)

Die

Cheers for the link Chris,sorry we didnt catch up on Friday! Always busy.Talk soon Tig.:wink:

1/2 Inch whitworth tap

Tig I think I may have a 1/2 Whitworth tap in the workshop-if I can get into it I will have a search and let you know maybe on Friday!