What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2" mortar WP

BMG50

Premium Member
Any one have any good photo's of 2" mortar WP rounds, interested in the markings, did have a mint round once complete with inert tin that held the WP etc. It was marked REVO' in black as I remember in a oval broken black circle.

Anyone? Am I the only one who ever had a WP 2" round? Any references pictures.

i got some for sale with a lot of paint & inner wp container!
monday i will be back in Holland and make some pictures

I would like one. For obvious reasons they are a little hard to find! Cheers Tig.

I thought I will resurrect the post again, still after a picture/photo of a WP 2". Need reference of the markings. Has any one have a WP in their collection who can secretly PM a photo. Nothing on the web what's so ever. I did have one in my collection inert with tin and marked up with No3 tail unit and fuze mint marked REVO and sold it like a twat.

I had one recently but traded it on as it wasn't in good nick, Im sure there is a B/W plate in the ww2 2" mortar training pamphlet?? Dont forget to post pics of your fins with late date. Tig:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Picture of later fins as promised.

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1473204671000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1473204671000.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 66
Thats the latest ive ever seen, and like you ive had a lot of 2" mortars and fins. Cheers for the pic, Tig.

Hey buddy,
Ive asked our mutual pal for pictures at the museum. Hopefully he will when time.
best

waffy

Thanks Allan for the tip much appreciated. Sent him a PM. Fingers crossed. Fingers crossed on anything that turns up.

Nice to see the Canadian smoke close up with the markings, thanks all the same, is there markings on the other side.. I am quite surprised there are no photos of original markings for the WP. There must be someone, i do wonder where the one i had ended up.

Thanks for the pictures just what I am after, anything written on the other side. I recall when I had mine there was a date and the word revo in a broken circle. Could I ask one more thing, a measurement of the hight of the lettering. Thanks again.