What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20 MM HE Becker Round?

GregN

Hi all, I was given this round at the last gunshow. I think it's a 20 mm HE Becker round but wanted to get the forum's opinion on it. It is similar to the other rounds I've seen on the forum yet a bit different so I need a confirmation from those in the know.

Cheers,

Greg

Attachments

• becker1.jpg
    becker1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 117
  • becker2.jpg
    becker2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 142
  • becker3.jpg
    becker3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 134
  • becker4.jpg
    becker4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 95
You did really well there, there aren't exactly many of those around, especially with the projectile.

Hi GregN,
I like these rounds, thats a nice thing to be given. I had the good fortune to get one a year or so ago, keep your eye out for the other varients of this, i think a flat topped solid shot and is there a ballistic capped one????
Best Weasel.

Hi all, Happy New Year! I thought I's post an update to my Becker Canon Collection. At the last gunshow I was able to track down the armour piercing version of the round. Now I just have to find the incendry version with the flat top.

A question for the ammo collectors, should you polish the cases? I always take care of active rust but what about the cases?

Cheers,

Greg

Attachments

• becker4.jpg
    becker4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 76
  • becker3 11-28-2009 2-43-10 PM 1540x829.JPG
    becker3 11-28-2009 2-43-10 PM 1540x829.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 56
  • becker2 11-28-2009 2-43-10 PM 1540x829.JPG
    becker2 11-28-2009 2-43-10 PM 1540x829.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 65
I would not polish brass cases which are this nice. Old brass may have lost some of the Zinc and when polishing them you get shiny brass surface with red copper spots.

No !

DO NOT POLISH !

A few collectors find this detracts from the item and when you polish the case you are removing material from it!

Very nice i need one of those as well, and as has been said Dont Polish they look great as they are.
Best Weasel.

Thanks for all the advise, I wont polish the cases:tinysmile_hmm_t:. EOD, I wanted to confirm the HE round is a training round. How can you tell?

Cheers,

Greg