What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mm Hispano Rounds

I have posted this a number of times but to save you time searching here it is again, both Hispano and Oerlikon.

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• 20mm 13.jpg
    20mm 13.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 20mm 12.jpg
    20mm 12.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 20mm 11.jpg
    20mm 11.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 75
What nationality are you looking for? By the 1970s there was very little 20mm left in British service.

Regards
TonyE

Sweden for example or Swedish export ( Finnish Lapua subcontracted at least cases for Sweden and most likely shells were made at Finnish Jysk Works - but unfortunately very little information is available about those ).

Hi Tony
Thanks for the chart , does this cover items from WW2 vintage ? Do you have anything which identified the base of the projectiles . i.e. showing if it is loaded with tracer or a primer etc ?
Maybe a section view ? The ones I have don't seem to match the chart.
Cheers
Mitch

With the exception of some early ball cases that were headstamped with "Iz", most British WW2 Hispano cases were universal, i.e. simply had a generic 20mm headstamp of Manufacturer, date and calibre. Later, the load was often stamped in the side of the case just above the extractor groove in the manner of 30mm ADEN, e.g. "SAPR 1z" for Semi-Armour Piercing Representative Mark Iz.

The charts I posted were from the 20mm SAA Pamphlet dated 1943. The attached sectioned view is from the 1944 Pamphlet 5 "Small Arms Ammunition".

I am not the best person to ask though as I don't really collect British 20mm other than the experimental aluminium cases. Smle or SG500 are better qualified to answer on the subject of projectile markings.

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• 20mm Hispano Pamph.5.jpg
    20mm Hispano Pamph.5.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 75
do you have any images of your item,headstamp etc as these could help get your identification ....