What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mm Round - What Type?

Darren

Another one here for I.D, Can anyone tell me what type of round this is please?

Attachments

• DSC_0027.JPG
    DSC_0027.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_0033.jpg
    DSC_0033.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 34
looks like a standard 20x110 Hispano AP round, but i guess the white paint (and the aluminum insert on the base) are not original

looks like a standard 20x110 Hispano AP round, but i guess the white paint (and the aluminum insert on the base) are not original

Thanks for your thoughts, not sure about the aluminium insert, it does look to "clean" but upon close inspection it doesn't look like it has been messed with, its in there properly with the lip of the projectile base rolled over to secure it in place?

Hi Darren,
it is a AP but from the very much later series of Hispano than the case you have with it,they usually come in those LOT 1/2/3/4 81/80 20MM headstamped cases you see about,which were made by Kynock for BMARCo for export,white is the correct colour for these and I'm fairly sure these were used for 'in house' trials. The aluminium insert is also correct,which is a tube open ended at the other end,none that I have come across have been loaded with anything apart from inert 'ballast'

Tony

Hi Darren,
it is a AP but from the very much later series of Hispano than the case you have with it,they usually come in those LOT 1/2/3/4 81/80 20MM headstamped cases you see about,which were made by Kynock for BMARCo for export,white is the correct colour for these and I'm fairly sure these were used for 'in house' trials. The aluminium insert is also correct,which is a tube open ended at the other end,none that I have come across have been loaded with anything apart from inert 'ballast'

Tony

Thanks for the detailed info Tony, thats great.