What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mm WW2 Hispano ID help

Derek

I recently obtained these 20mm Hispano cases, links and projectiles, the cases are all WW2 marked; RH 1943 x 2, K4 44 and H 1944. The three projectiles all show traces of red and yellow (mustard) paint with brass heads.
On the single projectile picture, this is stamped RG on the brass head and has the following stamped into the main casing; TH II Z CE, 1/43. Am I correct in assuming that this is a H.E. Incendiary round?

Does anyone have a picture of this projectile with the correct colours and markings?

Thanks and best regards,
Derek

Attachments

• 20mm Hispanowlinks.jpg
    20mm Hispanowlinks.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 20mm hisp proj.jpg
    20mm hisp proj.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 116
Derek,

The cases are as follows:
RH - Raleigh Cycles
K4 - I.C.I. Yeading (Kynoch)
H - Halls Telephones

Projectile
RG - Radway Green
TH - Thorpe Arch (filling station)
II - Mark 2
Z - Neonite propellant
1/43 - Lot 1 of 1943
CE - The filling CE (Tetryl)

Yes Buff/Red is HE/I

Regards

TimG

Thanks for the info TimG, I hope that someone can post a picture of a projectile with the paint intact, I would like to restore mine to their original state.

Regards,
Derek

Thanks

Thanks, yes that is helpful and a good starting point, but I would still like to see what one looks like with the original colours.

Hispano 20mm

maybe this could help?:tinysmile_hmm_t:

Attachments

• pang 008.jpg
    pang 008.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 59
  • pang 010.jpg
    pang 010.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 51
Thanks

Tertiten2, thanks that helps a lot! I would also be interested in seeing the other projectiles you have as well.

1000 tak!

Derek