What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20mmm Becker

This here is a 20mm German WW1 Becker projectile that came in todays mail. Well anyway it was sold to me as such. P.T. Barnum said it best. there is one of me born every minute. This came from a reputable dealer. What else can I say? Dano

Attachments

• Picture 331.jpg
    Picture 331.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Last edited:
Becker

I agree that it looks much more like an Hispano shell. It is not conclusive from the picture, but a Becker has different proportions.

I will try to dig out the pictures I have of the becker proj.

Regards
TonyE

Becker Gun

2cmBecker.jpg

BHM is a british manufacturer, my 20 mm oerlikon projectile,is also stampted,with BHM.

oh dear

im glad to see im not the only one who gets is leg lifted now and again
never mind

regards
tomsk

anyone need this projo

Well it has been ID'd as a British 20mm Oerlikon projo with BHM stamped in body. If someone could use it would trade for just about anything WW1...Dano

Hell Tom, You made me laugh. Do you like the projectile? If so pm me your address and I will give it to you no charge. It is a nice projo...Best Dano

20mm Becker??

Hi Guys, I think weve all been done as some point and often by those we should be able to trust, but i suppose even dealers can get things wrong, even though its annoying. That proj does look like either a Hispano or Oerlikon as both are pretty similar. Regards, Tim.

Yes that's correct. Where I bought it was from a very reputible dealer and they honestly thought it was a Becker WW1 projectile. They did of course offer me my money back but I just did not want the hassle...Dano