What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20x110RB question

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Over the holiday break I'm trying to clean up and update my inventory database for medium caliber, its going slowly. I'm currently looking at two nearly identical 20x110RB, differing only in the headstamp. With this projectile and fuze combination was this only a German round, or did others produce and use the fuze? I have no reason to believe that this is a "stuffer" projectile, but suppose that it is possible.

IMG_1374.jpgIMG_1375.jpg

The Dutch army used this type of projectile with the safety that falls out sideways from the fuze prior to WW2.

I know the shell with this fuze as Czech vz35. Swiss used also similar fuze for 20mm Flab K Oe 37

cz
20mm czech.jpg

With this projectile and fuze combination was this only a German round, or did others produce and use the fuze?

These are the standard Oerlikon HE-T shells with fuze (type HZ) as used by many countries in that period.
According to the drawing the black color was original for these shells.

Attachments

• 2 cm HE-T Oe.jpg
    2 cm HE-T Oe.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 41a 245.jpg
    41a 245.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Thanks everyone, can anyone tell me who made the two cases?

Mark ,,M,, / ,,Z,, :

The Micherové Brothers, Czechoslovak Water and Gas Meter Plants ”) based in Bratislava, Stará Turá Plant (Slovakia) ,,
The charge is from the army's order before the war and taken over by the army. At 12 o'clock there is a cartridge manufacturer, at 6 o'clock there is a laboratory factory Zbrojovka Brno , plant Vsetín . In addition, there are other brands of component subcontractors on the components.

PS. -
2cm Oerlikon typ,,S,,
-The internal designation of the fuse at Oerlikon was ,, 3F ,,

Last edited: