What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

246 Fuse.

recks and relics

hi Tigbrand :tinysmile_shy_t:
i take it Rickoshea had fallen out with you is that why he gave you that fuse???,
only kidding it looks great nice relic ?
kind regards armystuff,

246 fuze

oy oy, I heard that! Actually it was part of a load of bits from Studland Bay following a few days of high winds that blew the sand away from more heavy objetcs leaving them standing proud on the surface - got loads of bits! Rrickoshae

hi mate :tinysmile_shy_t:
only having fun i love the old relic fuzes i bought a bunch from waff infact he is bringing me some more ?
adds a bit of carector to the collection
regards Armystuff,

hi Rrickoshea
i have also came across some of these fuzes solid brass type have you any idea what they are ?
Armystuff :tinysmile_tongue_t:
PS nice relic finds

yes, they are 119 - standard DA fuzes for HE shell. Most of the items are Canadian manufacture and dated 1942 - training for Dieppe perhaps. The same type of fuze without the knurled ring is the 117. The 119 was basically a 117 with a graze function added. The knurled ring around the centre was for night recognition between the 2. There was a black painted ring for day recognition. They would have been used in most large HE shell in use at the time - 25pdrs, 5,5 inch etc. Dave

hi there
cheers for the detailed info mate .
a friend of mine found some while digging drainage ditches on the farm and gave them to me ,
i can now tell him what he found
regards Armystuff

Found some of them brass fuses on the moors a few years ago------- one still had the shell attatched so I left it there

Dave