What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

24cm Th Br K (E) case

StielGr

At long last my new case has arrived at its' new home. It can be a real pain living so far from all the action when it comes to ordnance related deals.
The case is a 24cm Theodor Bruno K (E), which was a railway gun.

I would like to thank a few people for all the help that made everything possible. Thank you to Burney Davis for such a lovely item, thank you to Waffy for all the help in co-coordinating the shipping and thank you to thekees for all the helpful advice and information.

I even have a live charge for it that I made 3 years ago (with a little help from my wife :tinysmile_shy_t:)

Attachments

• IMG_2395.jpg
    IMG_2395.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 130
  • Copy of IMG_2401.jpg
    Copy of IMG_2401.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2405.jpg
    IMG_2405.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 128
Presumably a very rare bird. I do like that particular live charge. :laugh:
Both very well done, my friend!

With that live charge, you have to update your collection soon, the next will be a K5, than a 38 cm C/34, otherwise it wont fit! i tired to put them in a 28 cm L/40 case, and put the cover on,

Very nice case

I have the case, not the life charge.....(that is the way I prefer it ;-))

You can buy a lot of cases for each such a live charge. But after some training, the live charge will get you a bottle of beer out of the fridge,

With that live charge, you have to update your collection soon, the next will be a K5, than a 38 cm C/34, otherwise it wont fit! i tired to put them in a 28 cm L/40 case, and put the cover on,

Very nice case

Yes I am beginning to think that something like a 28cm K5 would be a very nice addition. One or two more cases just to make a small set but no more.

@sudelmuk
Thank you for the kind words.

The only problem with the live charge is every time you visit a friends house or go out to a restaurant you are worried it will go off and cause some damage.

He can nearly squeeze down to fit below the rim.

Attachments

• IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2397.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 52
240x660R275

Hi Hoeksel , thank you.

Do you know, please, if , here in the forum, exists a compilation of the dimensions for the heavy cases (Railgun, naval , ...) from 120 mm till 800 mm or more .
I've seen such a list but for lower calibers.

thank you

StielGr, From what I see, you have an over charge (here in the States a +P+) round. Any further compression of the charge could be hazardous.:xd:

Do you know, please, if , here in the forum, exists a compilation of the dimensions for the heavy cases (Railgun, naval , ...) from 120 mm till 800 mm or more .
I've seen such a list but for lower calibers.

thank you

There is a book called "Big Bore Ammunition" made in the USA around 1993.

StielGr, From what I see, you have an over charge (here in the States a +P+) round. Any further compression of the charge could be hazardous.:xd:

I fully understand
Too many like that would soon wear me out, sorry I meant the barrel

For Kz11gr
The Ian Hogg "German Artillery of World War Two" has a good table with Dimensions by Weapon Order. It starts at the 2.8cm sPzB41 right up to the 80cm K (E).

My version of the Ian Hogg book's tables needed some corrections....basically some of the columns are misaligned.
I don't know whether all editions have these errors.
I have corrected mine and added some missing data.
Will see if i can make a photo of the ammended page and post it here in a day or two...
Charley

IMG_4552.jpg This is the modified third page of Ian Hogg's cartridge list from "German Artillery of WW2".
It is of course incomplete as a listing (eg no 30,5cm rounds)but it's a good start.
Well i could add some 30,5cm info right here:-

305x457R x341 Kustenmorser 97/09 etc
305x1220R x350 SK L/50

Hello Charley

I have reworked your picture here :

longdouillesfinal.jpg

Hi

I've seen this yesterday in a home , as umbrella stand ...

:neutral:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2404.jpg
    IMG_2404.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited: