What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25.4x86SRmm FIAT-Revelli and 25.4x86Rmm Vickers-Terni Rounds

EODGUY

The photograph shows a few of the two types of rounds from my collection. Information on the two series is almost impossible to find in the U.S. Does anyone know of digital copies of documents that discusses the rounds? I am particularly interest in cutaway views. All of the headstamps have the standard "MB" and the "GS" enclosed in a circle. I have a couple of questions on the headstamps. What do those two entries mean? Also there is another entry of a number followed by a small line or a small circle. What do the different numbers and the following symbols mean? The headstamps are not clear and do not photograph well.
No. 1 has the MB the GS and 9o
No. 2 has the MB the GS and 4o
No. 3 has the MB the GS and 1o
No. 4 has the MB the GS and 1-
No. 5 has the MB the GS and 1-
No. 6 has the MB the GS and 1-
Also the difference in rotating band designs makes me wonder if some of the projectile case combinations are not correct.

Six mixed rounds.jpg

Attachments

• Six mixed rounds bases.jpg
    Six mixed rounds bases.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hello,
The Numbers means the production lot.
No specimen observed with year of manufacture. Just MB made production.

4 and 5 are quite strange, never seen before. Will be great if you can show without case. Are there any markings?

6 shell for 25mm Fiat

Shell on N1 has a wrong case. It s used on 25/41 gun with 25x94 Nordenfeldt case.
IMG_8640.jpeg

Here some drawing about Fiat and Vickers ammo.

IMG_8644.jpeg IMG_8642.jpeg

IMG_8643.jpeg IMG_8641.jpeg

Best regards

Thank you for your information and photos. The drawings will help me figure things out more. I had my doubts about the projectile number one, but did not know where it was used. I also have suspicions about numbers 4 and 5 because they have entirely different rotating bands. I am traveling now but will work on photos of the projectiles when I return home.