What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

25-Pdr HE restoration query

ydnum303

Hi all,

I have a British 25-Pdr HE shell body (empty, of course) that I wish to paint up in its correct livery. The shell was made in 1956, so I would like to know what the markings would have been in 1956/57, please. I know the body co;our was Middle Buff, but what other markings & stencils would it have had?

Thanks in advance,
Roger.

Hi all,

Can nobody help? Surely there is someone out there who has access to the correct info! I have tried the Mueum of the Royal Logistics Corps (the successors to the RAOC), but they tell me that they cannot help.

Roger.

Hi Roger, i have this if its any good its not a very good copy but its all i have.
Andy

Attachments

• 25lbs1.jpg
    25lbs1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 69
Hi Andy,
Many thanks for this. I have seen it before on BOCN, but the resolution is poor when enlarged. Do you have a "sharp" copy at all, please?

Roger.

Hi Roger, It must be the same one and the resolution is poor, sorry i don't have a better one.
Andy

Roger,

I missed this thread until today. Herewith the 1954 marking scheme for LS HE (coloured plate). It was superseded in 1960. Added photo just to show some 25-pr markings.

25PrHE.jpg

.1954 Marking Scheme.jpg

Last edited:
Andy have you the same table but for 40L/60-40L/70 and 57L/70 Bofors? I believe ask very much, but for trying it ....:)
Thank you for the previous one, to restore is perfect.
A greeting
Kike