What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

250 pound ANM-57 fins.

DEADLINE222

Would anyone happen to have the dimensions to the fin used on the 250 pound AN-M57?

Also, I wonder if I could scale down the dimensions by half to the 500 pound ANM-64 if I cannot find any results?

Ive been looking for a set for two years now. There are people with drawings,but Ive priced it out at a few sheet metal shops aroung and its going to run $150 or so. Then Ive priced a few places that have made repro stuff and ends up being about the same price.

Let us place the ordnance talk aside for a moment. What I am really interested in is why did you bump the thread after only 12 minutes???

Assuming you provide a logical explinaiton to the above qeustion, we can get back to business; which is I am a sheet metal shop.

http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threads/71845-US-G.P.-AN-M65A1-box-retarder

Give me dimensions and I will produce a fin in less than a weekend.

Concerning the picture below; aside from the AN-M57 casing, some of you may ponder it's relevance.

It is to substantiate rare claims that there are super awesome and understanding girlfriends. :bigsmile:

00111.jpg

What do you all think about the center of gravity stripe? Does it work?

Nice stripe,
To answer your question,I replied to a thread I was involved in,thanking someone for helping with line drawings for my Japanese practice bomb. That took this thread from the front page,or,the top of the bombs list. So to be polite and not bury your post under mine,I came back with the bump,which put your thread,this thread, back on the front page and at the top of the bombs catagory.

Last edited:
I have seen CG marks on modern ordnance, mainly so the loaders now where to center the jammers for lifting, but I've never seen a CG stripe on any WWII era ordnance. The CG was halfway between the lugs. Also, the number of yellow stripes denoted the type of filler (TNT, tritonal, Comp-B) A stripe in the middle could be confusing.

Thanks for posting the hyperlink to your previous postings. I hadnt noticed the stripe in the photo before. If you notice, the stripe is located on the single lug that is intended for suspension on U.K. Aircraft.

Dude, between the cost of materialsm, my time, scheduel and shipping; $150.00 is a fair price.

Why yes,yes it is........Just gotta hope drawing will pop up now...

Im curious to see if the ratio of size conversion stays the same. From 500lb to 1000lb and from 500lb down to 250lb.

I hope I have not created a misunderstanding.

I notice the mispelling of "materials", and also remember adding a bit more to what I said, but apparently the post editor failed.

I went on, intending to add that $150.00 is a fair price being offered by Bombsaway L.L.C., ect. for their reproductions.

Assuming I get another weekend free to play with my tools, I do not want to spend the better part of both days making a fin, and only receiving barley half of the above mentioned figure after purchasing steel. Not to mention having to drag the steel home.

Furthermore, I do not even know when I will get around to making my fin.

No misunderstanding or commitment implied. If you have the time,if you make an extra set,if you want to sell one,let me know. If not,no problem.
Either way Id still be curious to find out if theres a steady ratio in converting the sizes of the fins.