What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2pdr Tank round

Canuck

Good day i am hoping someone could post a pic of a 2pdr high explosive tank projectile...was it the same as the AA high explosive rd
Thx in advance

There are at least two different APHE rounds plus the Vickers type HE and a Bofors type projectile and all are HE used in 2Pr Tanks. 40x304R.

2Pr Tank d.jpgI found a thread I had saved. Not sure of the original owner but many thanks for a great photo of variations.

Here you go…have a read through this.
http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/threa...h-2-Pounder-Anti-Tank-Gun?highlight=2pdr+high

by the way, if you use search, you can use operands such as AND, NOT and OR. I typically only use AND, so entered “2pdr AND high” (without quote marks “) in the home page of BOCN to produce a manageable number of results. These operators invariably work in search engines like google etc. oh and finally i used 2pdr rather 2pr, as i got 20 pages with 2pr for some reason.

I hope that helps
Rich