What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2pr at he

FNG61

Views of a 2PR HE round for the 2PR AT gun. Base of case is sectioned but still retains the E. of the H.E. stenciling.

Attachments

• 2prhe1.jpg
    2prhe1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 2prhe2.jpg
    2prhe2.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 2prhebase3.JPG
    2prhebase3.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 2prheshell.JPG
    2prheshell.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 2prheshellcut.JPG
    2prheshellcut.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 57
Wow, that is a sweet round! Love the British stuff, but don't find too much of it here in the US....

Nice round, looks like its been in a museum for the last 60 years.
Its always nice to get rounds that haven't been messed around with.
Dave.

That's very interesting. I have been trying for some time to pin down the difference between the 2 pr No.1 and No.2 HE rounds. They appear to be almost identical, although the No.2 is supposed to be heavier. The shell I have in the pic below (in the No.1 case, where I think it probably belongs as the weight is right) was actually sold to me in a No.2 case (uncrimped). The colour scheme (which has obviously been repainted) is slightly different, as you can see.

Does anyone have any definitive info on the 2 pr No.1 HV HE projectile colours? Also, was there any variation in the colours of the No.2 HE?

WW2AA50mm.jpg