What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3" .50 ammunition types

Spaceinvader

Hello all,
I recently got a wood lathe which I have been having a lot of fun with. One of the first projects I made was a very simple 3" .50 AP-T projectile for an empty casing I have until I can get a real one. Its still being painted up and finished but its looking good.

While I was looking for a projectile to make I found it very hard to find any 3" .50 ammunition types. I found AP, AP-T, and some form of HE. Does anyone have a good list of the ammunition types used by the US? Im having a hard time finding anything online since it always comes back with 50 caliber rounds instead of 3" .50. Thanks very much!
Rhys

Thanks Slick, I am actually using the Springfield Arsenal pics to paint mine. Would be nice to get some clear pics of the markings on them. Thanks for the other link too!

Ray Meketa (RIP) had a superb collection of naval stuff. Might want to browse through his posts for pics.

Attachments

• ammunitioninstru00unit_0207.jpg
    ammunitioninstru00unit_0207.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 3 inch source.jpg
    3 inch source.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 3 inch, a.jpg
    3 inch, a.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 3 inch, b.jpg
    3 inch, b.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 3 inch, c.jpg
    3 inch, c.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 3 inch, d.jpg
    3 inch, d.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 3 inch, e.jpg
    3 inch, e.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the links and info, thats great! Really love the from Auto151mg, great link. And I would like to get that projectile from gunbroker actually but just need the money for it.