What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.7cm APHE Austro-Hungarian ID

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hello,
I can't find this shell with flat head in collections.
Is it a variant or a collector modification ?
Length 130mm

IMG_1982.jpgIMG_1983.jpgIMG_1985.jpg

3.7CM AH.jpg

Hi MINENAZ 16
According to the documentation for ammunition production (dated 1917, 1918) it is: ,,37mm M.16 Granate ,, (k.u.k. Artillerie ) standard length -130mm.
Boden fuse is standart ..

Akon .

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky z 2023-08-18 10-59-45.png
    Snímek obrazovky z 2023-08-18 10-59-45.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 62
Ja som chcel povedať, že existuje aj 4,7 cm dĺžka 17,5 cm

Attachments

• 20230818_123322.jpg
    20230818_123322.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
  • 20230818_123403.jpg
    20230818_123403.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • 20230818_123425.jpg
    20230818_123425.jpg
Thanks for your diagram AKON. Mine is 130mm with plug (fuze). 130mm on your diagram is without base plug. As mine is flat headed it's consistent that is shorter with fuze than a pointed one.

Thanks for your diagram AKON. Mine is 130mm with plug (fuze). 130mm on your diagram is without base plug. As mine is flat headed it's consistent that is shorter with fuze than a pointed one.
...There is always something I don't know. So, for example, I have nothing at all about prototypes ... or about "series" experimental designs.

Ahoj Akon podľa mňa je to Bohler Raúsko-Uhorsko 4,7 cm, ale nie som si istý. Hmotnosť 1,5 kg. Zapaľovač hlavový.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 29
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Ahoj Akon podľa mňa je to Bohler Raúsko-Uhorsko 4,7 cm, ale nie som si istý. Hmotnosť 1,5 kg. Zapaľovač hlavový.
Hi Ladislav
The 4.7cm Böhler M.35 has a different radius of the front ogival, a different fuse ...a different shape of the rim and a different distance of the rim from the bottom. My type is more of a naval k.u.k. 4.7cm S.F.K. Skoda L/44 (Occasionally I look up what it is)
PM: Na 4,7cm Böhler M.35 to má jiný rádius předního ogiválu , jiný zapalovač ...jiný tvar obroučky a jiný vzdálenosti obroučky od dna . Můj typ je spíše námořní k.u.k. 4,7cm S.F.K. Skoda L/44 ( Příležitostně se podívám co to je )

Last edited:
Hi Ladislav
The 4.7cm Böhler M.35 has a different radius of the front ogival, a different fuse ...a different shape of the rim and a different distance of the rim from the bottom. My type is more of a naval k.u.k. 4.7cm S.F.K. Skoda L/44 (Occasionally I look up what it is)
PM: Na 4,7cm Böhler M.35 to má jiný rádius předního ogiválu , jiný zapalovač ...jiný tvar obroučky a jiný vzdálenosti obroučky od dna . Můj typ je spíše námořní k.u.k. 4,7cm S.F.K. Skoda L/44 ( Příležitostně se podívám co to je )
From the dimensions alone, I agree that is a naval shell from the Austro-Hungarian 47 mm Skoda Marinekanone L44.
In Romania we had the same gun on the monitors we commissioned from Stabilimento Tecnico Triestino in 1907, and even though we didn't have that particular type of shell, the dimensions of the "armour-piercing" shell are the same (normally we'd call this the "common" shell, but there was a also a different kind of shell with both a base impact fuze and a nose time fuze which was called "common", so the one with only a base fuze was called "armour-piercing")

Attachments

• Ob_rupt_2.jpg
    Ob_rupt_2.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 65
Ďakujem ti pekne. Dostal som sa do obrazu. Rozmery sú vhodné s tým mojim trištivým - hlavovým zapaľovačom.
Ty pochádzaš z Rumunska chcel by som sa ťa opýtal či máš nijaké materiály ohľadom rumunskej munície, ktorá bola vyrábaná pred a cez druhú svetovú vojnu v Rumunsku. Na Slovensku sa nachádza veľa nevybuchnutej munície pochádzajúcej z Rumunska.

I think that line up was in the collection of Gerald aka the Great Otter who was a member here and passed away a few years ago sadly.

Ďakujem ti pekne. Dostal som sa do obrazu. Rozmery sú vhodné s tým mojim trištivým - hlavovým zapaľovačom.
Ty pochádzaš z Rumunska chcel by som sa ťa opýtal či máš nijaké materiály ohľadom rumunskej munície, ktorá bola vyrábaná pred a cez druhú svetovú vojnu v Rumunsku. Na Slovensku sa nachádza veľa nevybuchnutej munície pochádzajúcej z Rumunska.
Yes, you can ask me about Romanian ordnance either using private messages on this forum or by making a post about it and I'll reply to the best extent of my ability.