What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.7cm APHE Austro-Hungarian ID

Is there a Romanian digital library of some sort where one can find books about ordnance ?
Oh, if it only were so easy, but, unfortunately, most of our archives are in the stone age, so very little ordnance related stuff is online.
Also, before the current Ukraine war you used to be able to request some materials (assuming you knew where to find it, which is half the battle) and they'd send it to you via transfer, but, due to recent Russian hacker attacks, they've gone back in time, so now they only deliver the stuff on a DVD sent by post...

Áno, môžete sa ma spýtať na rumunskú muníciu buď pomocou súkromných správ na tomto fóre, alebo napísaním príspevku o nej a ja vám odpoviem v rámci svojich možností.
Ahoj.
Chcem sa opýtať či Rumunské delostrelecké miny a delostrelecké strely boli natierané žltov farbou?
Ďalej chcem sa opýtať aké boli používané delostrelecké zapaľovače pre míny a pre strely a ako boli označené.
Ďakujem za odpoveď.

Romanian HE shells were indeed yellow with black markings, with the AP being either silver body with a black tip/cap and black markings before 1941 (like Czech shells) and full black with white markings (Like the German way of marking shells) after that date - the date is approximate, because we haven't found a document stating when exactly the change took place.
Also, it seems to have coincided with a change in the abbreviation of the word "număr" ("number") from the earlier "No." , same as the French "numero" and over to "Nr." same as the German "Nummer", but it was by no means an ironclad rule, since we have examples from 1936 using "Nr." while most manufacturers were still marking their shells "No." and examples from 1944 still using "No.".

As for the second subject, I'm afraid it's a bit broad - I can't just list all the mine and rocket fuzes we ever used, we'd be here all week. You need to be a lot more specific.

Attachments

• 20220313_142208.jpg
    20220313_142208.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • 20220313_140918.jpg
    20220313_140918.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
Last edited: