What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.7cm FLAK Cartridge Clip?

PeterC

Hello,

I have what I am led to believe is a Loading Tray/Clip for 3.7cm FLAK cartridges.

The tray is waffen marked with maker code "ewg".

I have limited reference to this type of item and never previously had one, so forgive my ignorance here.

The cartridges are retained by a system of wire loops and has provision for 8 x cartridges. Pictures I have show provision for only 6.

I have managed to slide a cartridge between the loops, however exceedingly tight and the casing is the worse for the exercise!

What do I have??

Also apologies to member Caracal regarding this subject for not replying (Unable to place images on a PM)

regards,
Peter.

Attachments

• 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 090.JPG
    090.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 37
The silence is deafening!!

Some further book reading has shown that the 8 round clips were used in the FLak 43 gun. Would still like to find a period photo or reference however to this type of tray if anyone knows of such.
Also, does anyone have a spare 6 round clip?
thanks,
Peter.

Great Photograph, would love to have that wrap around battle jacket and helmet! I cannot tell conclusively but are they solid wrap around metal 'ears' on the clip he is holding to retain the cartridges?

Peter.