What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.7cm Pak AP V 3.7cm Flak AP

DAZ REICH

3-f938ebdb985057a3a93eea4d689b7d0f.jpg
Which shell/gun performed best against armour in standard AP projectile form 3.7cm Pak or 3.7cm Flak.

Also does anyone have any info or pics etc on the 3.7cm flak AP or other projectiles.

Yours DAZ

last one there are more but i cannot place them because i hae some problems to get htem smaller
Anschiessgeschoss_37_1_Ausf_hring_A___C.JPG

Hi Daz,

I don't have any specs of the Pak vs FlaK performance, but i'd guess they are pretty similar based on the similar volume of charge in each case, and the shape and type of each projectile.....Ill stand back and wait to be proved wrong....again.

Here's a picture of a 3,7cm Pak Pzgr round with beautiful markings that I saw for sale when I was in the US...sadly I didnt win it.

If you want pics of other rounds...i might have some, I tend to hoard.

37mmpakex.jpg

Hope this helps
Rich

Here a foto of some rounds. There are many more but these are the most average.

regards

DM 53
3_7_cm_002.jpg

Hi Daz.....which shell is that exactly?.....are you sure its not someone else with the name as me?

DM, I take it non of those Pak36's (AP) are for sale. no offence meant !

Rich

Last edited:
Hi rich,

No i am sorry for some of them i have been looking a long time. Nowadays most of them are not common any more.

regards

DM 53

Hello

Just new on here so I though I would start with a picture of my 3,7cm Pak shells.

Regards
Paul
IMG_0176.JPG

Hi DM 53
Yes the internet makes the world a very small place. I just thought it was time I branched out a bit.

Regards
Stielgr

From another topic but very true of Stiegr is that the Pzgr40 of the 3,7 cm has another crimp ( like most of the arrowhead cases) see attached pics of the 3,7 cm and 5 cm
3_7_cm_PAK_Pzgr_40-02ab9dd268c03b90819477f97baa1091.jpg

DM Stiel
Pictures of my Pak36 Pzgr40 "arrowhead" ordnance.
On left is pzgr40 ausf A projectile with wrong case. The case is std Pak36 6331/st. you see this alot.
On right is pzgr40 ausf B projectile with right case. The is less common.
I hope this is useful to people
Wolf

pzgr40ab.jpg