What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.7cm PaK Kasematte cartridge

charley777

Hello.
Attached is a drawing of a 3.7cm PaK K. It has the code number 6353.
This case is for an Anti Tank casemate/fortress gun.
Length 385mm
Rim diameter 50.3mm

So it is longer and narrower than the well-known 3.7cm SKC/30 naval AA.
Length 380mm
Rim diameter 57.8mm

Has anyone any further info on the cartridge , projectiles used, the gun used in....photos or links etc. This drawing is the total and only reference that i've ever seen on this cartridge. I know that there are some experts on WW2 German ordnance on this forum.......

Attachments

• 6353PakK.jpg
    6353PakK.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 155
Very quiet on this one.
I thought it was an interesting case ....must be the longest production 37mm case.
Found a passing reference to the gun a while ago...but sadly cannot remember where.
Surely one of our experts can help ??
Thanks very much

I know someone with the case in his collection, could ask for a headstamp if you like.

The KuT was a very powerful cartridge and was designed for fortress use, bolted to a concrete basement. The gun was made/ developed befor the war for a fortification line against France - the later Westwall. Most of the planned buildings and guns where never made, the time make them obsolete. So may be the produced KuT ammo would be dismantled.

The only item I ever saw was these shipping tube. At the top a navy C/30.
According to that comparison we could guess, the normal Pak/Flak projos where used.

Hoeksel, the Headstamp and a pic of the suriving case would be great

Attachments

• kut j.jpg
    kut j.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 120
Hey Charley,

Word has it that this is by far the rarest of all German 50mm ones, so go figure...
I can ask for some more info from a friend. Stay tuned...

Cheers,
Olafo

I asked for the headstamp. Please stop calling it KuT, that is a bit weird for native Dutch ;-). Let's call it Casemate.

3,7cm Pak Kasematte

Hi there,
here is the picture of the case and headstamp.
The projectile i put on there is a 3,7cm Pak long body. But i have no idea if this is correct. I never whas able to find a document showing the projectile. Anybody?

This case is very different then the navy C/30 one.

the KuT in Dutch refers to the lower female bodypart.

all the best,
John

Attachments

• various 882.jpg
    various 882.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 119
  • various 880.jpg
    various 880.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 97
OK so they do exist in reality....though clearly very rare.
Was beginning to wonder if they were just a drawing-board fantasy.
So now of course i shall try and find info on the gun itself.
Thanks very much for the photos and other replies (-:

if anyone finds any info on the projectile used? That info will be very welcome. And any other info also of course!