What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 inch 60 lb "Lillo"

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hi everybody,
I'm looking on information about the WW2 rocket weapon system "Lillo".
I known that nit was a ground/ground rocket system who used rockets 3 inch 60 lbs.
Have somebody more info about this system ? Text, drawings, pics,...

Here you go. Evidently their proofreader missed the second page.

Attachments

• Source.jpg
    Source.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Lilo text.jpg
    Lilo text.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Rocket and launcher.jpg
    Rocket and launcher.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Correctly spelled source.jpg
    Correctly spelled source.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
You are most welcome. One of our members posted the internet address where the book was available as a download a few months ago.

Let the force be with you.

3 inch 60 lbs

With this two pics (founded this monday) (not the pics, the rocket heads), I will let see you my problem.
This is sure a 3 inch 60 lb No2 Mk 1 (fuze No 878) but my problem is :
what are these pins around the spigot of the fuze ?
I though first that it was the fixing systen of the motor on the warhead.
But all the pictures, drawings, technical datas let not see a same fixing system. Therefor I though on Lilo.
Have someone an idee ?

Attachments

• 60 lbs-02.jpg
    60 lbs-02.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 60 lbs-01.jpg
    60 lbs-01.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 77
Shouldered pins ?

The Rocket motor tube has a small internally threaded bush made to fit inside the tube which is secured to the tube by 6 or 8 (not exactly sure of the number used) small "shouldered pins", these pins are held in place in an undercut between the internal threads of the bush with either one or two spring steel retaining clips that expand to fit the undercut thus keeping pressure on the pins enabling the internal bush to be rotated until the spring pressure pops out the shouldered pins to engage in the pre drilled motor tube holes thus locking the ring in place.