What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 inch RP and boxes

hangarman

Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 010.jpgNewcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 008.jpgNewcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 020.jpg

Finally, after about 2 years of searching I got my Rocket out, with its associated boxes. The 3 large ones are for the Rocket motors, 2 per box. The box on the right is for 40 fins, 10 per carton. the box on the left is for the 60lb warhead and the box in the middle is for 24 saddles. I am still looking for a tin for 10 fins, boxes for the 25 lb a/p heads and the 25 and 60 lb concrete heads, I am also lacking saddles and pigtails and could use another motor if anyone has a spare, ha ha. Many thanks must go to all BOCN members that have helped me on my quest, they know who they are....
The occasion was the completion (almost) of Tony Agars Mosquito, based at the Yorkshire Air Museum, it has only taken him 40 years...........
Cheers
Hangarman

Attachments

• Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 007.jpg
    Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 007.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 009.jpg
    Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 009.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 011.jpg
    Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 011.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 74
  • Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 017.jpg
    Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 017.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 016.jpg
    Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 016.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 015.jpg
    Newcastle war mem Mosquito Rocket 015.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 118
Well done mate,cracking collection,and a much better investment than putting cash in the bank.perhaps a piccy or two of the bits you are after so we all know? Does the mozzi fire up btw? tig.

Hi Hangarman,Well done,and well done to Tony for completing (almost)the Mossy,more of our history saved,magic,
Thanks,
Don,

Thanks Tig,

Pictures of what i am looking for are a problem , because I don't have the items to photograph......
Have managed to find a picture of the saddles though. they are the bits circled in the picture. Any codition, one will do...pretty please.....
As for the Mossie it won't fly but is due to run its engines in August:bigsmile:

Cheers

Hangarman

Attachments

• saddle.png
    saddle.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 81
Hi Hangarman,

Your BOCN mailbox is full. Mailed but full is full. But the offered help with motor/fin dimensions would be very helpfull.
Thanks allready.

Greets Michel

Hello Hangarman, I tried to PM you but your inbox seems full.

I just got myself an RP-3 with the 25 lb AP head, the rocket is missing some bits, in particular the fins and a rat tail, do you happen to have any spares or know where I could find some? I'm also planning on having the rail clips remade (got some originals to copy from), are you still looking for some?

Hi Strenjaeger,
I would be interested in a pair of saddles, what type do you have? and can help with a plug, but no lead, and fin dimensions. Try pm again, have made some space. Cheers Gary

When many years ago i visited Lodge hill camp Chatham there was a road made from the concrete rockets maybe you could contact the developers as i think is going to be a housing estate,,,,, Dave

just checked on Google earth the roads still there

Hi Dave,
Do you know who the developers are? Can you do a post code or a link to the location? Was the road literally made from concrete rocket heads????
Cheers Gary

here is a picture of my one and only original fin.
IMG-20140708-01391 8 1~4 x 5 1~4.jpg
It has some light corrosion, but I think that will come off with a little scotch brite ....
ok its knacked ! but is the only original I have.
Cheers
Gary