What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 warheads to identify

jiipee76

I would like to get identification for these 3 grenades.Right one is 37mm and two on the left are 40mm.

SDC11711.jpg

They are all looking Swedish to me and should be for Bofors guns (37mm for the AT gun). Our Swedish experts here certainly can identify them in detail.

I'm pretty sure the two on the left are Bofors 40mm/L60 AP projectiles. All 3 are very nice projectiles.

Darren

Last edited:
Hello! according to my ammunition data guides( swedish military ammunition register data and pictures) the one to the left is an slpprj m42(tracer antitank projectile)used in L/60 guns and the "43" near the tipp is showing the color and the filling year of the tracer composition. The one on the right is an 37mm slpprj m/38, the number and the white ring has the same funktion as on the 40mm. the one in the middle is harder to identify i suspect that it is not a swedish one, colorbands near the tipp is unusual( with som exeptions). sl = sprljus(tracer), p= pansar(armour), prj= projektil(projectile name used for round without explosive filling in swedish service)