What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30mm Aden AP Cutaway

Darren

Here is a cutaway example of a 30mm AP Aden projectile that i cut today. Unfortunately i do not have a case for this projectile, if anyone has a spare AP case for sale please let me know as it would be great to complete this round.

Darren

Attachments

• 002 (448 x 1077).jpg
    002 (448 x 1077).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 001 (716 x 894).jpg
    001 (716 x 894).jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 005 (333 x 1053).jpg
    005 (333 x 1053).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 003 (338 x 1045).jpg
    003 (338 x 1045).jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 87
OrdHut 4 14 2011 022 (Small).jpg Got 'em piled up over here. Might make good packing/filler for shipping fuzes. :)

Rick

Nice "cut" job, by the way.

That's a fine and straight cutting job Darren. Glad to see I get some competition.
By the way; This AP -which could be found in abundance in the 1980's- is quite difficult to obtain by now (strange enough).
Regards, DJH

Thanks for the kind words DJH, it is not perfect but I'm learning and happy with it. Bit tricky was this one as the core does not come out so had to cut around it.

Darren

Very nice job Darren, i was just going to ask how you got the core out. Was this done on a milling machine ? or by hand also how did you go about marking it up for the cut. A great looking piece for your collection, looking forward to the next project.
Best regards Weasel.

Very nice job Darren, i was just going to ask how you got the core out. Was this done on a milling machine ? or by hand also how did you go about marking it up for the cut. A great looking piece for your collection, looking forward to the next project.
Best regards Weasel.

Thanks Weasel,

I use a 'centre finder' as a guide to mark/scribe the base of the projectile and work from that, if the core was removable I would have just removed it and put the projectile in the milling machine, job done. As the core is crimped in place and does not come out I had to do things a bit different, I started the cutting on the machine and finished the rest by hand with a hacksaw and file. There are a couple of very small areas at the base of the core that need tidying up, I will go back to it tomorrow with the needle files and sort that out.

Not sure what the next project will be but hopefully I will get the time to get something else done soon. Perhaps another fuze.

Darren

Nice cut Darren, well done.
A complement from the master of sectioned rounds (DJH) is a complement indeed!
Dave.

Another quality section job Darren and made all the more difficult by leaving the core in place and working around it.
Thanks for showing us all.