What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30mm Rarden Collection as of June 2013

Charlie

Staff member
Premium Member
Hi All. Have attached some pics of the Rarden collection as it is today. Thank you to all those that look out for them for me and if anyone has and surplus, please let me know. More than welcome to answer anyone's questions. photo2.jpgphoto.jpg

Looks like "The" definitive Rarden collection! A very impressive achievement and display!

Charlie, you might have explained somewhere before, but what criteria do you use when you are deciding that you already have a round versus adding a new one? What do you use to decide if a new one is different from the others that you already have?

Last edited:
'has any surplus' ????........think youv'e got them all Charlie:bigsmile:,nice collection mate

Thanks for your kind words Chaps.

Charlie, you might have explained somewhere before, but what criteria do you use when you are deciding that you already have a round versus adding a new one? What do you use to decide if a new one is different from the others that you already have?

Good question Haz. If it has an original projectile then pending price i'll buy it. This is because to date I don't think I have found two the same. A lot look the same but then it's the stamps and markings that are interesting and tell you about the history of manufacture i.e. where they were manufactured or filled and when. With enough you can build up quite an accurate picture of when things changed. Cases are the same situation I suppose although there are thousands about you never know exactly what it is until you have a good look at it. For example my first 1942 case was bought by accident amongst a load of other rarden bits and cost me under a pound and recently I got a bulk load of 200 or so cases at 50p each. They did not look much but amongst them were some from trials with different propellants written on the side with the weight used and a few with very odd prototype primers.

Holy Crap Bat Man! I've been looking for some of the rounds on those shelves forever and you have shelves full of them! Fantastic collection. Thanks for sharing. Now I know they are out there, I'll keep looking.

Nice collection Charlie
This is a good example of how diverse our `hobby` can be & this is just a collection focused on one caliber!!
At todays CB I had a lot of interest in my surplus items & several people were parents with kids just getting into ordnance collecting - I did advise them that it is a `how long is a piece of string` interest as it covers a long period & 100`s of calibers, types etc.

A spectacular collection, here in Spain are hard to find Rarden 30mm full ...: (a shame.
congratulations
regards

Will put some close-ups of each type over the next few days.
What does CB stand for Hick?
Hasag the three orange ones are the export to spain, so there should be some out there unless they shot them all..... Do you know why they were painted orange? is that a usual current colour for TPT?
Imaokie2000 I don't know about the US but they are out there. I have been very lucky with meeting.... I would say the right guys... but they are more than that and I cannot thank them enough.
A certain person on here has put the idea in my head that I should write a book on the subject. Should I? or is it too niche?

I can put a more detailed photograph?
I only use this ammunition in Spain the Scorpions / Scimitar of Marine Infantry, and decommissioned and sold to Chile, now use the Piranha III C with cannon 30x173.
Orange is usually Dummy, the TP-T are painted blue and white T according marcage NATO standard
regards

http://www.cartucheria.es/25-30mm.html