What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30x113 ADEN round inert filled

cornman

Hi,
I have this ADEN round which has stamped `inert filled` on the projectile.
Where is it used for, what makes it different than a standard TP round and what is used for the filling?

Best regards, Cornman

Attachments

• DSC04632.jpg
    DSC04632.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 65
Not sure about Aden but Rardens are filled with sodium bicarbonate to imitate the weight of an explosive filling hence a truer line of flight when firing. Also the instructional Rardens are filled with the same. As it's yellow and not blue, my guess is it is an Instructional round?!

C.

Since the projectile is not crimped it may be a show dummy - hence the yellow paint to represent a HE.

Thanks for the answers so far. Are there collectors who have a similar round in their collection? On this moment I`ll say it is a dummy/ instruction round.

Regards, Cornman

Hello cornman i have a round very similar mine has a fuze unpainted and is filled with what appears to be red wax , i to would like to know its use as i collect adens

Thanks for the answers so far. Are there collectors who have a similar round in their collection? On this moment I`ll say it is a dummy/ instruction round.

Regards, Cornman

Cornman,

They are considered as 'practice rounds' , as they do have a powder filled cartridge.
The Belgian Army used them in 'real conditions' practice exercices.
The overprint 'inert filled' refers only to the projectile charge, not to the entire cartridge, and was used to make a distinction between the TP and normal HE round.