What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#34 MKIII egg

Been looking for one of these for a while. Found this one web flogging. Condition is great.....Cheers.....Dano

Attachments

• GB10082.jpg
    GB10082.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 62
Now that is really neat looking Does the fusing system work like a Japanese fuse from WWII whereby you pull the pin out and then strike fuse on a hard surface and then throw? Just guessing naturally.

Hi Mark. It appears to be a basic percussion fuze. Aah.....to have been a member of "The Suicide Club"....Dano

Dano. Nice grenade . It would appear to be a drill version due to the white colour . These were normal grenades but with no filling . The fuzes are known as Adams Igniters . I've enclosed a picture of one stripped down showing the thin shear wire . Has it got a makers stamp ? Mike.

mvc-648s.jpg

Hi Mike, Sorry but just caught back up with this one, don't see any makers marks except for the No34 MKIII on body. If you notice the paint is pretty glossy so I fear the paint is re-done, none the less it is nice and I was told it was a drill grenade. Someone may have clear coated over orig finish, but you know "once messed with" Anyway if a repaint it was a labor of love as it is pretty good..............Dano

Last edited:
Dano . Unusual to see one without a makers mark . Is it completely hollow or just got a hole drilled through the centre of the casting ? Mike

Just how hard are these 34MK's to find? I won this one on GB and was the only bidder.

Attachments

• pix018989100.jpg
    pix018989100.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 15
  • pix791949660.jpg
    pix791949660.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 15
They are not particularly rare but ones in MINT condition are very hard to find !