What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37mm 1 Pounder Projectile

Weasel

Premium Member
Hi All,
I am looking for any information i can get on this projectile, It does not match any i already have in my collection. the fuze is very large when compared to most others it has only an "H" Stamped on the base of it, there is no groove for a crimp on the body of the projectile and the only markings i can see are the "MH" and part of a mark or stamp on the other side. Any info would be much appriciated so i can look for a case to put it in. All inert and empty.
Best regards Weasel.

Attachments

• 37mm unknown07.jpg
    37mm unknown07.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 37mm unknown04.jpg
    37mm unknown04.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 37mm unknown06.jpg
    37mm unknown06.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 48
  • 37mm unknown03.jpg
    37mm unknown03.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 37mm unknown02.jpg
    37mm unknown02.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 47
It is the German HE projecile

Nice marking, usually not easily made out, who ever MH is? You need a standard German case but one with the crimps pressed flat from resizing an older case or if late war no crimps. I show one in my album.

Attachments

• 282c.jpg
    282c.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 54
Nice one! I have a german navy 37 mm case with stamps and a "normal" german 37 mm case (both WW1), which I don't need. I would trade them for one or two french 37 mm cases from WW1.

Hi Gordon,
That was a fast id, thank you very much for that and the extra info on the attached page from your manual.
Thank you for the offer of a German case or two Der_Feldgraue i have a case that will match up with this projectile although i will need another in the future, finding a good condition French 1pr case seems a very difficult thing to do.
Best regards Weasel.