What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3cm German Panzer Hartkerngeschos UB L'Spur Case Question

Weasel

Premium Member
I picked up this 3cm practice Hartkern projectile at War and Peace this year and would like to know which case it should be in, i have seen it show in a Mk108 30x99RR in a few soueces on line but my instinct tells me it should be in a Mk103 30x184B case as the Mk108 would not produce enough energy to make it any use for a armour piercing projectile, where as the bigger Mk103 case would be more than man enough for the job.
Best regards Weasel.
War and Peace 2015 16.jpg

Hi Blackwatch,
Thank you for the info, that is what I thought.
I will give it a gentle clean as there is a practice arrow stamped on one side that i will photograph later.
Best regards Weasel.

After a quick gentle clean up i can find two practice arrows stamped in the body, the third has been eaten away by rust. So i am now on the look out for a good Mk103 case if someone has one they would like to sell or trade please.
Best regards Weasel.

3cm Ub.jpg02 3cm.jpg03 3cm Ub.jpg

Strange enough this practice version and the tungsten cored version have been found in a lake in Austria, crimped to Mk108 cases.

Regards, DJH