What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3inch Mortar

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi All I picked this one up some time ago at a fair and have just finished doing it up and thought i should show it.
Andy

Attachments

• mortar1.jpg
    mortar1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 116
  • mortar 002.jpg
    mortar 002.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 138
how did you get the result ,as when i did mine it was a pain it was heavily pitted under all the rust and i had to use a fair bit of filler

Hi Allan, as you know i have a lathe so it makes it a bit easer first i cleaned it up to bright metal and filed any pits or holes with body filla then wet and dried it down and then painted just the filler first with silver paint as near as possible to the colour of steal and then four coats of dark mahogany varnish.
Cheers
Andy

Wow !

Andy-you swapped that tatty old relic for a new one when you thought no one was looking !!!

What a superb restoration !

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

Hi Sprengcommando, i made my own stencils, first i printed the letters off the computer to the size i wanted and then covered the letters with thin clear plastic like the stuff you cover books with and cut them out with a craft knife, its very time consuming and fiddly but it was worth it.
Andy

Hi Sprengcommando, i made my own stencils, first i printed the letters off the computer to the size i wanted and then covered the letters with thin clear plastic like the stuff you cover books with and cut them out with a craft knife, its very time consuming and fiddly but it was worth it.
Andy
ok thanks!

Good day/evening Andy,

Sorry about digging out this old thread. I was comparing your picture of the restore projectile which by way is very good, with something I picked-up yesterday and was wondering what the 50/50 stand for?? I know is for some kind of mixture but witch one??

Thank you in advance.

Luc.

Thank you very much Tim. kinda knew the answer but wanted to verify or comfirm with someone else... much appreciated.

Best regards.

Luc.