What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3pdr 2cwt

ozziammo

Howdy Guys,

Has anyone got a pic of a complete projectile for the 3Pdr 2CWT tank gun? I have a fired one that I wanting to replicate the screw on nose piece.

Even a drawing that shows the profile would be helpfull.

Thanks,

Regards Ozzi.

Hi Ozzi,

I have only this picture.
I hope it will be useful for You.

Regards
stecol

Attachments

• 3pr2cwt.jpg
    3pr2cwt.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 116
Hi Ozzie,I have a practice projectile too minus cap,there were some pics on here on a previous post,but i cant find them with the search?? Perhaps a moderator can locate them. Btw,was your shell made by Royal Laboratories? Cheers tig.

Howdy Tig,

Yes I remember the post but also couldn't find it!
Yes the proj. I have is fired & made by RL in 1932.

Thanks for the pic stecol, all info is usefull.

Regards Ozzi.

Thanks weasel & Quatermass for the info & link to previous thread.

Has anyone come up with an unfired complete one yet, I know of about 4 of these in Australia but all are in about the same condition & all fired! But the cases are not to be found (47 X 350R). Plenty of the 47 X 376R here tho.

Regards Ozzi.

I know of one here in the UK (owned by a BOCN member) that is also a fired practise shot. The one I saw has a replica cap that has been turned on a lathe. The cap was not quite made right so I did some modifications to it.