What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.2cm squeezebore projectiles

SG500

Premium Member
At the very top of my interests list with shells are squeezebore and littlejohn rounds. A few years ago I was lucky enough to get hold of four 4.2cm projectiles, 2 in relic condition and 2 that were sectioned. Having got a copy of Von Flanschengeschossen und Wolframkernen by Manfred Stegmuller it was quite obvious that these things are incredibly rare and almost always (although there exceptions) in relic dug condition.
Something that fascinates me about ammunition is the technology that goes into them and rather than looking at photographs or drawings of completely unobtainable rounds I will very occasionally have a reproduction in the collection until by some amazing stroke of luck a real one should become available.
The attached photographs are some such examples. The relic one on the left and the sectioned one on the right are real, the small one at the bottom of one of the photographs is one of the more commonly found 28/20 projectiles to give some idea of scale.
If anyone has any of the larger squeezebore rounds in their collection I'd be interested in seeing photographs and better still if there are any out there that are available for trade/swap/purchase please let me know.
All INERT etc.
Thanks,
Dave.

Attachments

• 23rd July 2010 016.jpg
    23rd July 2010 016.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 97
  • 23rd July 2010 017.jpg
    23rd July 2010 017.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 73
  • 23rd July 2010 018.jpg
    23rd July 2010 018.jpg