What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40 mm Bofor "Training Round" - Please help ID

Andy Naude

Good Day All

This item is being offered as a "training" round. Is there any way that it is infact so? 1585045_140827162100_014[1].jpg 1585045_140827162047_013[1].jpg 1585045_140827162005_009[1].jpg

The projectile looks like a practice and the case like a HE -T. The two do not even look matched. Your comments would be appreciated.

Does the fuze have any markings and is that yellow under the blue paint .also is the projectile hollow or resin filled ? .
Regards .Darrol.

Hi Darrol,

I'm only working off the photos that you see. I thought that the top section of the projectile looked like cleaned alluminium.

I think that the blue colour is normally used for practice rounds.

My question is if this could possibly be a Drill Round.

Kind regards.

Andy

I dont think its a drill as it has a date marking on the case of TE 10 66 don't know that filling station. If it was drill it would be fill with propellant .

Hope this helps
Steve
EX RNAD Trecwn

Good Day, Only working on the photos that you can see. Have not personally seen the round. I collect Drill rounds only and was wondering if this may have been some type of drill?