What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40 mm german ww2 bofors

waffenamt

Got these at Malvern yesterday and thought they would make a nice set of vases for the dining table!:xd: will prolly bung some dried grass or whatever in them.Should make an interesting topic for my lady guest next week.....:p
I will clean them up and maybe even chrome them. They really are destined for the table,no kidding!

cheers

waff

How come one of them is double stamped at the bottom with two makers marks?
Is it a re-loaded cartridge?
best

waff

Attachments

• S7006049.jpg
    S7006049.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 41
  • S7006050.jpg
    S7006050.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 50
  • S7006051_renamed_31614.jpg
    S7006051_renamed_31614.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 58
  • S7006052.jpg
    S7006052.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know somewhere you could get the chrome plating done? I have been told it is about 150 per item at some places nowadays for single items.

In many steel cases a double maker's stamp is typical. I have understood it has something to do with the brass plating done in another company.
Anyway they both look again bearing Finnish reload marks :tinysmile_twink_t2:

In many steel cases a double maker's stamp is typical. I have understood it has something to do with the brass plating done in another company.
Anyway they both look again bearing Finnish reload marks :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Hi T,
Yep,deffo Fin markings.
They will need a really good clean up so i think the markings will disappear. :(

Falcon,old Waffy has fingers in loads of pies pal,so trust me on this,it will only cost a few pints.. ;)

best

waff