What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40mm Bofors Naval

I got bored and re-painted the Bofors projectile. Supposed to be MkIII US Naval inert practice round WWII..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 112.jpg
    Picture 112.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 66
'nother pic

Here's another pics showing various shells and casings..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 113.jpg
    Picture 113.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 63
Hello Dano,
Is the short case on the right a blank charge for saluting cannon, or field gun competitions?
Just inquisitive as usual!
Regards,
navyman

What are the other cases and shells in the pic? I know the one next to the Bofors is a German 77mm, but can't identify any of the others.

Shells

Hi Falcon, Left to right - 90mm US AP projectile - British WWI MKII 13pounder - US 75mm WWI shrapnel shell with m1907 Scoville fuze - British WWI MKIII 6 pounder - German WWI 77mm - 40mm US Bofors - 57mm US recoilless rifle projectile (1972) - British 4.5 inch MKII howitzer shell.......Dano

6 pounder headstamp

Here's the headstamp of the WWI British MKIII 6 pounder shell casing (it's by far my favorite WWI casing)...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 118.jpg
    Picture 118.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 28
4.5 inch howitzer headstamp

Here is the headstamp on the WWI British 4.5 inch MKII howitzer shell case with un-fired primer..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 124.jpg
    Picture 124.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 19
Thanks Dano, nice shells.

I have a similar 6 Pounder case made by Kynoch in 1911, shame about the neck on yours.

flare lip 6 pound

Hi Falcon, I assume you're talking the way the shell case flares out at top, as it has not been cut down. I guess somebody cacked it a bit when removing projectile? I've been following the shell dents post closely and may have an idea or two on fixing it? Dano