What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40mm Bofors

Here's another neat little shell i've got coming. It is a complete 40mm Bofors (WWII dated) shell. Never had a Bofors before so i'm looking forward to gettin' this little jewell. Only bummer is that on demill they sliced the driving band, so after I get it I may want to pick some of you restorers brains for some fix-it information. Dano

Attachments

• 40bww2.jpg
    40bww2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 60
You'll need another one,Dano,matching pairs are most appealing.Then,
maybe,a pair of AP/T to keep them company!!! Bofors seem to be habit
forming,as I've discovered myself just lately,there do seem to be numerous
variations.

Nice round Dano,
They are very habit forming, i think possibly my favorite rounds. so many different types to collect. The mark on the band is annoying but it seems that alot of the US stuff gets demilled that way. The German war time rounds seem about the hardest to find. Good luck with collecting them and keep us posted on your next one.
Best regards Weasel.

demill sucks

Yep, the U.S. de-mill process is painful. They will take a perfectly fine 20mm canon and cut it into 4 pieces. The upside is the guns can be had cheap that way, and someone as industrious as Phil can weld them back together! Dano