What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40mm Grenade Information Please

Darren

I dont know much at all about these things, could i please have some info on this particular grenade. Is it a genuine practice grenade or some sort of replica? what sort of value does it have?

Cheers,
Darren

Attachments

• 001 (705 x 1604).jpg
    001 (705 x 1604).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 002 (968 x 1224).jpg
    002 (968 x 1224).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 003 (950 x 1224).jpg
    003 (950 x 1224).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 49
Not too sure exactly. It appears to be an experimental version of the M922 which is an armourers round I believe, used to test gun function. Should never have been filled which makes me wonder why it has a hole drilled in the case. Maybe someone else could help here? Also, the M922 has a fluted case in the pics I have seen so maybe these were adopted when it lost it's 'X' marking.

Not too sure exactly. It appears to be an experimental version of the M922 which is an armourers round I believe, used to test gun function. Should never have been filled which makes me wonder why it has a hole drilled in the case. Maybe someone else could help here? Also, the M922 has a fluted case in the pics I have seen so maybe these were adopted when it lost it's 'X' marking.

Thank you for your ideas, hopefully some other members can shed some light on this one also.

Cheers,
Darren

Should never have been filled which makes me wonder why it has a hole drilled in the case. Maybe someone else could help here?

Because the US Military has a fascination with drilling holes in ordnance so people can tell that they are inert.

Darren, what you have there is an M922 function test (dummy)round. It has no primer, no powder, and is only meant to function test the cocking mechanizms of Mk-19 AGLs. Usually, they are linked in small belts of three or four rounds. They come from the factory with those holes drilled in them.

Darren, what you have there is an M922 function test (dummy)round. It has no primer, no powder, and is only meant to function test the cocking mechanizms of Mk-19 AGLs. Usually, they are linked in small belts of three or four rounds. They come from the factory with those holes drilled in them.

Thanks for the info, thats great.

Darren