What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40mm Mortar

ron3350

I cannot find a 40mm mortar so guess this item is a sub-cal practice round. 40mm diameter body and fins. 212mm overall, fits a 12ga primary igniter.
Nose is 24mm diameter and has 6 holes for smoke escape? Tail stem is 25mm diameter.
The nose cap has a firing pin on the base so maybe fits some cartridge for signature?
Inside the nose is a 45mm tube. No markings on any parts. What is this mortar, model and country?

Mortar a.jpegMortar b.jpegMortar c.jpg

Ron, did you ever find an ID for this item?

No. I got it from a friend who imported it years ago and have no further info. At least I have this item in the collection.

No. I got it from a friend who imported it years ago and have no further info. At least I have this item in the collection.
I've got the same piece, as previously discussed I think that your friend bought a twin of the group that I ended up with. Same rockets, subcal, identification issues.