What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

40mm plastic riot projectile

This is a 40mm riot projectile that came to me in a trade from V40 some time back. I assume it is U.S. as all the riot stuff it came with was U.S. Anyway I was wondering if someone knows what shell casing was used with this projectile. I bet it really hurt to be shot with this one.......Dano

Attachments

• Picture 759.jpg
    Picture 759.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 19
12ga counterpart

Just realized that I had a very similar projectile in a 12ga shotgun round. I pictured it next to 40mm projectile for size comparison.....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 761.jpg
    Picture 761.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 19
Hey Dano,

That Projectile is from a Defense Technologies Liquid Agent Barricade Round and uses a 4 1/2" Long Aluminum Casing. Attached are photos of the No. 14 37MM Version.

Stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• NO. 14.jpg
    NO. 14.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 11
  • NO. 14 CN.jpg
    NO. 14 CN.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 15
Awesome Frank, that's exactly what I was looking for. I guess i'll be hunting for the casing now.......Dano
PS thanks

Hey Dano,

No problem. You may want to double check the diameter of your projectile before purchasing a casing. The 37MM Projectiles measure approximately 1.425" at the stepped area below the head if that helps.

Stay safe,

Frank