What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

41A Next Batch cleaned

satan18

With some more butty fuses covered in barnacles and allsorts
it was time to get them cleaned up and free.

I used Glass dust at an even lower preasure followed by baking soda
to finish off.

Go in for the Zoom and see the detailing

I am very pleased with the results,nearly every safety clip came out
intact and all the arming spindles are free,and do turn completely out.

Attachments

• 41A Fuses 002.jpg
    41A Fuses 002.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 70
Theyve come up good Phil,,not knowing a thing about sand and glass blasting ,is this a slow process

Fine work Phil, you sure have a s__t load of 'em. They look great...Dano

Thanks Dano

Trying to get the right combination to clean,and thats about the best
they will come up without abrasive measures.

This is about the last of a batch of 160 of the little critters which all came from the ground,so all in all pleased with the out come.

Best phil

Theyve come up good Phil,,not knowing a thing about sand and glass blasting ,is this a slow process

Thanks Allan

It is a slowish process only in so much that you control how far you go into the fuse itself.

The low preasure glass dust takes the heaviest deposits of nicely,and if you re fill the blast pot with ordinary baking soda then you can actually mirror polish ally if you keep it on to long.

All 58 fuses in this last lot took about an hour and a half to do
and all that remains is to be rubbed up in machine oil.

All the best phil

Ah right chears for explanation phil,,you think its a slow process 58 in an hour and half is slow ? seems pretty quick to me and with nice results

Ah right chears for explanation phil,,you think its a slow process 58 in an hour and half is slow ? seems pretty quick to me and with nice results
Thanks Allan

The main thing is they are saved for the likes of us to fit into SD2s or section or just to upgrade what we might have in our collections,as we have moved a few on to people and they to like the finished article.

Many thanks phil

Hi phil

What p.s.i do you use for the glass dust and baking soda ? Will have to try the baking soda in my blast cabinet never even gave it a thought before you learn something new everyday cheers

from bazooka Chris

Thanks Allan

The main thing is they are saved for the likes of us to fit into SD2s or section or just to upgrade what we might have in our collections,as we have moved a few on to people and they to like the finished article.

Many thanks phil

Top-ho! old bean!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Cracking little batch,nice one Phil.:top:
Im very impressed here with how they have turned out. I wonder if any of the 67's can be recovered?
If not,these 41's more than compensate for the trouble we had to get them.

best

waff

Top-ho! old bean!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Cracking little batch,nice one Phil.:top:
Im very impressed here with how they have turned out. I wonder if any of the 67's can be recovered?
If not,these 41's more than compensate for the trouble we had to get them.

best

waff

Hi Bud
The 67s are very clean but just incomplete due to bad corrosion,but hey
we got em though:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Nice work

realy nice work they looking fresh out of the factory !!

nice job well done

best regards David

Hi phil

Did you see my post about what pressure you blasted at ? Cheers

Hi Chris

I would say put the glass through at about 60psi say about double you would spray a car at,and do a tester first.

Then try about 40 psi with the baking soda which you can go in low and increase as you get into it.

The garnet i use about 300psi which is what i use on the bomb casings.

I am going to see what else i can use as if its fine enough you can put anything through the nozzle. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil